Sep 25, 2022
Two covenants. Two priesthoods. Two ways to relate to God. Hebrews is a book of powerful contrasts, and I’m so excited to begin this series with you.
If you’ve never studied Hebrews before (or if it’s been a while!), this is a great way to start. It’s a quick overview of the entire letter right here in a single message. I’ve never done it this way before, but so many have reported it helped them understand Hebrews better than ever.
Here, you’ll discover the radical difference between law and grace, the stark contrast between partial and total forgiveness, and even receive an exciting invitation from God to go “outside the gate” of religion to be with Jesus.
1. Hebrews is a book of comparisons. What are some of the comparisons you remember Andrew discussing?
2. What does it mean to enter God’s rest?
3. Why does understanding the background and audience matter so much for interpreting the warnings in Hebrews?
4. What are the two types of forgiveness contrasted in the letter?
5. Who’s your favorite Old Testament person? What do you enjoy that is better than what they had?
6. Why does the author of Hebrews use the analogy of going “outside the gate”?